Emerging Innovators Forum (EIF) at the 2017 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo
Organized by the Committee on Museum Professional Training (COMPT)
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
America’s Center Convention Complex
701 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101
As a 2017 American Alliance of Museums (AAM) fellow, my visual display/presentation titled Challenging Norms: The Rise of Fashion Museology has been accepted to the Emerging Innovators Forum (EIF) under the category of Collections and Curatorial Practice at the Alliance Annual Meeting in St. Louis.
In collaboration with the Committee on Museum Professional Training (COMPT), a Professional Network of the AAM, the EIF provides an opportunity for emerging professionals with less than five years working in the field to present on topics related to any area of museum practice.
After participating, the attendees will be better able to:
- Advocate for the inclusion of fashion in museums
- Develop a critical understanding of the history of fashion curatorial practice
- Recognize the significance of fashion objects from museum collections
- Analyze the impact and relevance of fashion curation in museum studies
- Apply innovative museological approaches to their institutions’ future curatorial projects and strategic initiatives
- Explore how museums can use fashion exhibitions to engage with the many diverse communities and encourage environments where cultural diversity is promoted